Saturday, July 05, 2008

Over and Out

So tomorrow begins the great journey of 2008. No, we're not headed to China to compete in the Olympics, this is a long distance marathon scheduled to last more than 8 days. The girls and I are headed to DC to visit friends and then on to Chapel Hill for an extended stay while our worldly belongs travel to California. If all goes well, we should be settled in Huntington Beach by the end of the month.

But first, a fond farewell to New England. Now I am not one for goodbyes and luckily for me, I have no time for a protracted exit. But a few words are in order.

New London has been a lovely place to call home for the past four years. Scott and I have brought home both our baby girls to the cape cod house on glenwood, been lucky enough to work at the Coast Guard Academy, and made the kind of friends that we think of as family.

We were able to capture a couple of shots from the girls last day at 'school.' They have both loved being there and their teachers have become so important to us, that is was very hard to say goodbye.

CPea and her last day crown.

LilPea and her teacher, Miss Crystal. Below, CPea and Miss Colleen.
And, as our final goodbye to New England, we celebrated the 4th of July at Tanglewood in the Berkshires at the James Taylor concert.
Until next time Connecticut, the peas.

5 comments:

christine said...

Oh, this post makes me cry. It was so hard for us to leave Connecticut - and, I suspect, the very same friends-like-family to whom you refer! But I just know that you will find a community... a preschool... a breakfast spot... even a grocery store that fits your family just right. And heck, now you're a whole country closer to me! Wahoo!

Jill said...

I thought Scott's orders to CA were canceled? Oh, that was just wishful thinking on my part.

I'll miss you - but I know that CA will be an even better place for the next four years with your family in it.

Fair winds, my friend!

Amy said...

I am with Christine on this one. Reading your post made me sad for leaving New London all over again. We really loved having you as neighbors and friends, and we miss you. Also like Christine, I am now a whole country closer, unlike her, there are still 8000 more miles to go! Glenwood Ave just won't be the same... only Nova is left to keep the streets cool reputation going.

Best of luck with the move, and I hope to see Scott at one of our very captivating and exciting Planners conferences!

Katie said...

Just wanted to wish you smooth times as you settle in...and have fun!

nova said...

Stupid hormones, I can't stop crying. Honestly, I am just not cool enough to maintain the coolness of our block alone. The kid and I went through your house when everything was gone and he was like, "where did they go?" Well, we will always have Bankok City.