Sunday, May 25, 2008

Anchors Away!

After four years at the Coast Guard Academy, I finally made it to a graduation ceremony. As luck would have it, this year's speaker was none other than Howdy-Doody. Otherwise know as VP Cheney (in my defense, he wore the outfit to suit the moniker-google it.) It was very gratifying to see the cadets that began as 4/c when we arrived to New London get their commissions. Upon receiving their officer commission, tradition mandates they rid themselves of all cadet garb-so CPea was happy to add the cadet cover to her extensive collection of dress up. Though I prefer the blue uniforms, I do think the whites add a certain something.


CPea Coast Guard Academy Class of 2026. I may live to regret typing these words in jest.

1 comment:

the mama seal said...

But if you do, tell her to take it easy on the class of 2030. That would be my kid's class. Sigh. I will put up the grad pics we took on flickr tonight.